Monday, June 24, 2013

Starting Out

I started 6/13/13 eating healthy.  But first let me shed a little light on me.

Me!


This is me! I am an almost 22 year old cashier at Ingles Supermarket.  I am currently residing in Georgia and am married to most wonderful man in the world!  I am also a wax addict (Candles, tarts, fragrances, etc!) http://scentsmakemyday.blogspot.com/  If you're ever curious about fragrance and wanting to scent your home, I can point you out to alot of quality vendors!

OK so more about food.  I have decided that I want to shed some weight.  I have done stuff like this before... and I go way too fast, get burned out too easy, and quit.  Also, has anyone ever gone to the grocery store intending to buy healthy but realize that a bag of potato chips is cheaper than a bag of fruit or vegetables?  Plus they go on sale more frequently than fruits and vegetables! 

So I came across this yahoo article http://health.yahoo.net/experts/yourbestfitness/99-cent-diet-could-it-work-you .  I think this is so awesome!! For people on a small food budget, and want to eat healthy, it's so perfect!!!  I have deviated a little bit from this particular diet (Been researching Skinny Oven, Skinny Ms., etc etc)  I have actually been very thrifty!! Surprisingly so! 

So I decided to go about it a different way this time.  I wanted to get in the habit of eating right and liking it before I started to exercise, which is normally where I just quit.  But I have decided to take pictures of what I eat, and detail it here.  It may not be everything I eat, but atleast the stuff that's pretty!! But I'll try to take plenty of pictures!  

Here's my tomato, green and red bell pepper, onion, kale, spinach, dill and garlic omelette.  First time trying it with kale, and it was delicious!  Definitely going to be adding more kale! 

If anyone has any tips or recipes that they found helpful while they lost weight, let me know!! Comment below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment