Thursday, June 27, 2013

First workout!

Today marks the second week anniversary of my decision of turning my life around.  I have been eating healthy but haven't exercised at all.

Not sure about anybody out there, but eating healthy was never the problem for me, but the exercise was.  I'm a pathological couch-potato!  So I decided one thing at a time: First, to make eating healthy a habit, common, etc so when I got to the exercise, I wasn't being bombarded by all sorts of new things.  I think it kinda scares me off some, doing it all at once.

The eating healthy has been going very well.  I think I've had two pieces of cheese in 2 weeks (which is good!) Yogurts, vegetables, fruits, lean meats, wheat bread, etc etc.

Today's the day I told myself would be acceptable for me to start working out.  Two weeks seems enough time to develop a habit, especially if you are doing it every day.

My work-out plans were thrown awry for a minute or two.  I drove to a nearby, what I thought was abandoned, warehouse building with a huge loading area which seemed perfect to run around, without anyone seeing me all sweaty and gross, at my worst, etc.  There were people and cops there to boot.  So I knew I had to go.  My apartment also has a Fitness Room that is very limited, so I figured, I might as well go ahead and use it, especially since my first plan fell through.  Deadbolted from the inside.

I chucked it up and decided to run/walk up and down the sidewalk in front of my actual apartment.  Generally speaking, one way was 1/8 of a mile, and I did four reps, so I walked/ran half a mile!  For my first day, I think that's pretty good!!

Going to go weigh myself today while I go grocery shopping!! I should have done it when I started, but I keep forgetting!! Ahh!! lol Ate some yummy oatmeal made by my great husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment