Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back From Break

It's been a little while since I posted.

Here's my meal-plan for when I am at work

Breakfast: All the veggies I can find and put them with three eggs in an omelette
Lunch: Salad with tomatoes (and lately I have been adding cut-up cucumbers), half a PB&J sandwich on multigrain bread, and snack-size Peanut M&M's
Dinner: Oven Baked Chicken with rice.

Whenever I get hungry in between meals, I have a baggy of trailmix in my apron pocket that I eat a small handful of.  Lately it's been a little rare that I've been getting hungry before meals (yay!)

Meal-Plan when At Home:

Breakfast: All the veggies I can find and put them with three eggs in an omelette
Lunch: It's usually based on what I have at the house, but most of the time, I will have a turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread and whatever veggies (spinach, tomatoes, etc) I feel like eating at the moment!
Dinner: Oven Baked Chicken with rice.

My snack is usually whatever I have laying around.  If I have zucchini, I've been making zucchini fries.  If I have sweet potato (usually when I'm wanting a sweet fix) I just learned how to make sweet potato fries with a fat free marshmallow dipping sauce!  (My little creation!)

I have been running on my days off (Last week it coincidentally was every other day, so it made it easier to do so.) This week, it has been raining like crazy! (I love it, by the way!) So every time I'd go and make an attempt to run, it'd start to rain.  And I don't mean sprinkling, I mean pouring down RAIN!  However, I did manage to run a few times this week!!

Yesterday I ran, and because I was trying to get it out of the way, I ran at 2PM, in the middle of July, in Georgia.  Never a good idea.  I figured if I drank water after every lap I'd be alright.

1 Lap: I was doing good
2nd Lap: I was starting to feel a little worked out... but I figured that was good, to keep going.  FEELING THE BURN!! lol
My third lap... I was feeling terrible.  I felt like I was going to pass out and throw up at the same time.  And then I still had to make it up three flights of stairs.

If I were the type of person who hashtags, I'd put #Confessionsofabeginner #Determined #Gonnadoit

Here's a few things that I've been making here, that I'm kind of proud of

Salmon Melts!

These were absolutely delicious!! I mixed a packet of salmon with some spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, and one egg together and put it on top of an open faced bagel.  I would say that I did a multi-grain bagel, but let's face it; I'm poor and these were what I could afford.  I put a half a slice of Provolone cheese (figured a little bit wouldn't hurt).  These were so good!! I'd definitely say to you all to try some!! 

My Turkey Pesto Sandwich!

Turkey Pesto Sandwich, UP CLOSE!

At the grocery store where I work, they have fresh herbs.  I had read on the link that I had supplied on an earlier post about how basil makes pesto. All it really takes is basil, garlic, and olive oil.  So I minced up the basil and garlic, put it in my vegetable chopper thingy, and whirred it.  Put in some oil, whirred it again.  Put on my sandwich in place of mayonnaise, and it was DELICIOUS!!  Definitely try it out!! A nice, NICE addition to any sandwich!


My last little foody encounter, I didn't take a picture of, because, well it is one of those instances that you make something, and it doesn't look good, but it tastes delicious!  I made guacamole with two avocados and a 99cent packet.  It's really good!! I need to add some chopped tomatoes, but yep, really yummy!  I have been using it as sandwich spreads.  Not sure how else to use it... since chips are no-no's.  But yum! 

Will try to write in more often!! Thanks!







No comments:

Post a Comment